Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Why a new blog?




If you are reading this then you're in the right place, you probably are familiar with my other blog "Tales from The Sagebrush" which is where I write and share cowboy poetry and stories. Since that one is sort of related to poetry and poetry related things, I decided to start another blog for other things that are of interest to me and probably to the agriculture community as well. There will also be snippets about non ag related things such as make up, yes people ranch girls DO wear make up!

Why agriculture issues, aren't there enough blogs out there dedicated to that?

Well yes, but I think there need to be more out there. As ranchers and farmers, we have a duty to educate the public aka town and city folks about what we do to keep them fed and clothed. there is so much misinformation in the media and I feel that if it comes straight from the horse's mouth, then people may take a second look. People really are interested in ranching and farming even though it doesn't seem like it sometimes.


So, no more cowboy poetry?

Of course not, I will still keep up 'Tales From The Sagebrush'



Do you even know what you're talking about?

Yes, I do. If I don't know the answer to something, I usually know someone or can find something that does.


My background?

I have an Associates degree in Agriculture emphasising on Ranch Management, I have lived in Eastern Oregon which produces the Spanish Sweet onion, as well as potatoes and sugar beets. My father actually worked in the fields back before I was even heard of or even thought of, I always remember him telling me stories about it. When we'd go visit my grandparents in Nyssa Oregon, my dad and I usually brought home a sugar beet for me to take to class and tell my classmates all about it!

I also worked on a ranch in high school, and again in 2009 near Emmett Idaho only that ranch produced organic beef so I learned about the whole 'organic' deal but that is another story for another day!

I am a huge supporter of FFA and was also a member in high school, recently I have begun helping the new crop of kids in my old FFA chapter as an FFA Alumni member. I started this in 2012 at another high school in the town I was living in at the time and loved it!

And of course, I am a cowboy poet, musician, lover of vintage things, and well make up!!




Hopefully I will be getting this blog up and running with some interesting tidbits and information and I hope people read, learn, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment